Do you have items that you want to get rid of but cannot put in your blue recycle bin? The City of Tempe will be putting on a “Slash the Trash” Event this SATURDAY, April 18 (7 am to 1 pm) at the Tempe Fire Training Facility, 1340 E. University Dr. Services range from paper shredding to clothing donation.
NOTE LOCATION CHANGE:
Corona del Sol High School not McClintock for Tuesday April 6, 2015
This is a reminder to everyone that Stephanie Siete will be presenting this week as part of Tempe Union High Schools “I’m [IN]” series. We are collaborating with Community Bridges and Tempe Union High School on this project and would love to see everyone there. The dates and times of the forums are listed below, all are welcome to attend.
April 7, 2015:
CORONA DEL SOL High School
6:30pm – 8pm
April 8, 2015:
Mountain Pointe High School
6:30pm – 8pm
Here is another article from CNN highlighting the use of e-cigarettes. The article dives into the appeal that e-cigarettes has with youth and some of the dangerous habits that can result from it. The article also looks at some of the positives that e-cigarettes can provide to people who struggle with beating their nicotine addiction. In conclusion, the article highlights how regulation of the e-cigarette market is going to be key in preventing it from spreading into unintended markets like youth.
Check out the full story here.
Check out this informative article from CNN.
We had a very successful My Fest 2015 this weekend at Tempe Beach Park.
Our purpose was to collect pledges asking that adults will not serve alcohol to underage youth and that youth will not drink until they are 21 years old. We had a very successful turnout with 316 individuals making the pledge. We wanted to take a quick moment to thank Cobblestone Car Wash, Tempe St. Lukes Medical Center, Edward Jones, and Tempe Chamber of Commerce for their support.
- Assigned Chair: Hilary Cummings
- Assigned Co-Chair: Trish Gilman
- Agreed to meet one hour before regularly scheduled meetings to strategize and plan future events.
- Hilary Cummings was assigned to be recorder
- Group decided to explore Instagram, Wristbands, and PSA’s to reach youth about the dangers of drug and alcohol use.
See full document here: Youth Committee NOTES NOVEMBER monthly reports
- Group decides to create two brochures, one aimed at high school youth and another for adults about the dangers of marijuana use.
- Request addition data and resources to help subcommittee better understand marijuana.
See full document here: Marijuana Committee monthly reports Feb 2015
- Don Johnston asked to be Chairman of subcommittee.
- Mickie Berry assigned Co-Chair of subcommittee.
- Group decides to meet one hour before regularly scheduled meetings to allow them to discuss strategies and agenda items.
- Kelly Alexander assigned recorder of the subcommittee.
- Kelly Alexander to attend Marijuana Conference and report her findings to the group.
- AZ Youth Survey reviewed by subcommittee.
See full document here: Marijuana Committee Notes monthly reports
- Stephanie Siete assigned chair.
- Showed PSA announcement of “Be [IN] the Know”.
- Asked about receiving help from Coalition members who work in education to help get the word out.
See full document here: Parent Committee monthly reports Feb 2015
- Group decided to meet one hour before regularly scheduled meetings to discuss strategy and future plans.
- Ideas about future strategy and goals were discussed.
- Discussed possible members to chair committee but no members formally elected.
See full document here: Parent Notes11.4.14