“Research shows that early-onset cannabis use heightens the risk for development of a psychosis like schizophrenia.”
– National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia
Support Your Kids’ Interests So Marijuana Won’t Be One of Them
Support Your Kids’ Interests So Marijuana Won’t Be One of Them is a community-based campaign that targets marijuana use among youth ages 11 to 15. The youth are directed to learn about the positive outcomes of remaining marijuana free. The campaign asks that children and adults pledge to help prevent marijuana use among the youth.
The Tempe Coalition encourages all youth to envision a future without marijuana!
According to 2018 Arizona Youth Survey:
- Nearly 1 in 5 Tempe youth used marijuana in the last 30 days
- 80% of Tempe youth using marijuana are using it in concentrate form (wax, dab, shatter)
- 75% of Tempe youth see little or no risk to using marijuana
I know that using marijuana may prevent my ability in life to reach my full potential. With my future goals in mind, I pledge to:
- Refuse to use marijuana or participate in my peers’ marijuana use.
- Set a good example for my peers by reaching high in my own life, and encourage them to do the same.
- Inform my peers about the harmful effects that marijuana can have on their future.
- Mentor underage youth in my family and in the community to enrich their lives without the use of marijuana.
Please see the form below to sign the pledge. Also, please enter your email address for information on this and upcoming Tempe Coalition campaigns, volunteer opportunities and events.
Tempe Coalition Contact:
Tempe Coalition Coordinator
In Partnership With:
Tempe Community Council
A Drug Free Communities Support Program grant.